Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Date Open: 2019-12-12
* When applying please include your resumé and cover letter
Restoration Builders is expanding their Team! We are seeking a magnetic, high-performance personality to grow into a consultative professional as our business expands and helping employees see their total capacity and optimize their contributions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of managing 300+ employees and sub-contractors in multi-state office locations. Experience working with newly acquired companies and seamlessly merging their existing HR System into the purchaser’s is highly preferable. Success in this position will be defined by the ability to grow the process and structure of the human resource department.
Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Composes HR manuals and implements those HR policies and procedures.
Human Resources Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Sage 100 experience preferred
- Travel Required